It's been a while since I have posted an entry here, or updated any code on github. This is mostly due to working long days now that I have moved to a full-time programming job. I do still want to work on my own projects though and I have finally started getting back into it.
For a while I resisted the idea of using dub to manage my D projects. This was because I valued being able to compile my own projects letting me develop solutions that require only the bare-bones to run.
I recently gave dub a go and I am super happy with it's ability to manage dependencies, build configurations and produce sublime text project files.
Part of my goal with this project was to configure continuous integration along with unit testing to develop some useful and robust open-source software. For continuous integration I have opted with Travis CI for automatic builds and Coveralls for test coverage.
I have now converted the d logger I have written about previously to library and added it to the Dub package repository, called logd-html. This makes it easy for me to include in future projects, the first of which is my game engine joshDeng.
Writing a game engine is no simple task, even a small basic engine requires a large amount of infrastructure. As I can only work on this project in my, currently limited, free-time, it could be some time before I get a usable build going, but my intention is to put together a system at a time and add extra modules, such as audio and physics, as I need them. My aim is to have the engine included in the dub packages also so it can be easily pulled into different projects.
That's it for now, but I should have more coming soon.